Three weeks of bludging!

Well, I have just completed my third week of being a bludger. Now you cannot call me a dole bludger as I am not getting that. I am sure there are just too many forms to fill out. Maybe not, who knows maybe I should do it!

Anyway, I cannot really recommend bludging for a living. There is no future in it, and it's boring. Oh, I forgot to mention why I am bludging. I got a positive result to the blood test for Ross River virus. I have the energy levels of a snail and I am full of aches and pains, which seem to vary from one day to the next.

I spent the whole day at the shop in Torquay yesterday and had quite a busy day. Sold two boards and a two board day is a really good day! But of course I was on my feet all day and not really walking anywhere. By the time I got home at nearly 7.00pm I could barely walk my feet were so sore.

Fortunately I woke up this morning and felt well enough to go to Church. Margot stayed home with Miriam who is still home suffering from this persistent cough which she has had for nearly 4 weeks.

I am currently the President of the Young Men in the Geelong Ward. It has been nearly 20 years since I served in this position, and it is by far the most enjoyable calling I have had in the last 20 years. We don't have a big group of Young Men, but they make up for it with their energy levels that's for sure.

Last Saturday "my boys" won the annual stake youth raft race on the Anglesea River. We had worked for several weeks on building and trialling the raft, but the final design we did not get to try before the race. But our boys were so keen to win that it may not have mattered what the design was, they would haved won anyway.

I wasn't that fussy that they won - I just wanted them to beat the Geelong girls as the girls had won the race for the last two years. I am not misogynistic, but I think in something like a raft race, the boys ought to be able to at least bet a bunch of girls shouldn't they?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father of the Bride Speech for Miriam

Cliff Slade - my talk for Cliff at his funeral - Clifford Elliot Slade 20th November 1952 - 3rd December 2021