Taking it easy!

For almost a week now I have been taking it easy, which as you know, is not like me.

I have had a bad shoulder for a few weeks now and started getting treatment from my good mate Darrell Pummeroy, who is an osteopath here in Geelong. My shoulder started getting better but then after I had a spa last Thursday night, I woke up on Friday morning and almost everything hurt. Left knee, right ankle, left elbow, and almost everything in between it seemed.

After walking around the house for a few minutes, full of aches and pains, I started to suspect I was suffering from some viral infection. I went to work down at Torquay on the Friday and chatted to some of the guys in the shop. They were suspecting Ross River virus so I did some net surfing and it looked like I had the classic symptoms, except the rash. I called the local medical centre the next day and made an appointment for the following Tuesday.

So two days ago I went to see the doctor and by this time I even had the rash. The doc agreed that Ross River was a possibility and so she sent me to pathology for blood tests. Now I am playing the waiting game.

There is a possibility it could be some other virus, and probably a slightly lower chance of it being rheumatoid arthritis, as it does run in the family. Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't last long!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father of the Bride Speech for Miriam

Cliff Slade - my talk for Cliff at his funeral - Clifford Elliot Slade 20th November 1952 - 3rd December 2021