Australia Day

Today is a National Public Holiday - Australia Day. I am not sure exactly what it is for, but I do see a few people driving around with Aussie flags on their cars. Maybe I am meant to feel more patriotic today than other days? I don't feel any more patriotic today than any other day.

I think the most patriotic feelings I have ever had came upon me while I was in New Zealand for 18 months serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was at a Church member's home one evening and we were singing songs and the host started singing Waltzing Matilda. I really felt homesick at that time.

Australia is a great place to live - no question about it. How long it will remain that way I don't know. I hope for my children's sake that it doesn't change to much in future years, but I fear it will. Perhaps all I can do is make my own little piece of Australia a great place to live?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Father of the Bride Speech for Miriam

Cliff Slade - my talk for Cliff at his funeral - Clifford Elliot Slade 20th November 1952 - 3rd December 2021